This teacher package includes everything you need to get started with Writing to Win?s Paired Texts Packets: a teacher manual, a set of 4 student packets, and a set of 4 teacher packets. These packets present reading tasks of literal, inferential, evaluative, and applied comprehension. With a PAL or in a small group, students analyze texts at increasing levels of understanding. They follow the steps of the writing process as they plan their written responses to single and paired texts.
4 teacher packets include:
- 3 writing genres (opinion, informational, and narrative)
- 4 levels of reading comprehension for differentiation
- Written teacher models for all reading and writing tasks.
The writing modules provide teachers with concrete instructional tools that guide students through the writing process.
Setup module for essential vocabulary building
Prewriting module for analyzing and responding to writing prompts
Revision module of concrete, targeted strategies for revision
Evaluation module of student-friendly scoring rubrics.
I am so glad the W2Win Paired Texts Packets break down the reading comprehension levels. My 3rd graders surprised me on their 3rd packet. They completed the Evaluative Comprehension task in their 6 PALS groups on their own! And they are getting the knack of using 2-3 key terms from the text in their constructed responses. We?ve needed this systematic help with reading and writing together for a long time.
Crawford, Grade 3 teacher of remedial students
Includes the following themes and genres for student writing:
O – opinion, I – informational, I/O – informational or opinion, N – narrative
- Natural human rights: The Comanche Native American Tribe ? The Kwakiutl Native American Tribe (I)
- Two Georgia biomes/landforms: Plant and Animal Life in Georgia?s Mountains – Georgia?s Coastal Plains (I)
- Importance of the environment: The Real Cost of Bottled Water – From Sewers to Lawns (I)
- Civics, communities, and character traits: ?Coach? – ?My Hero Brother? (N)
Teacher Packet (Click Cover to View)